Dongphosy Specific Economic Zone is 53.9 hectares of land specifically earmarked for commercial development by the Ministry of Planning & Investment of Lao PDR and which’s concession has been granted to UPL Lao in 2009. Investors/operators in the zone are:
• Entitled to hold sub-lease titles
• Eligible for generous income tax incentives
• Exempt of import tariff and Excise duty
• Not restricted by official Lao operating hours
• Foreigners are allowed to own and operate their businesses 100%. *
• Foreign investor shall receive the right to reside in Laos along with the family during the investment/concession period. *
• Investor shall receive honorary citizen status in accordance to regulation and performance of the investor. *
• DSEZ is opened to all interested investor from all nationalities. *
• Investors are allowed to have access to the sources of fund such as loan from commercial banks and other financial institutions in Laos and overseas. *
• Investors can import foreign skilled and unskilled labor. *
• Operation hours of 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. **
• Full support from local government.
• Governed by a “one-stop” service authority that allows investors to apply for all necessary licenses at one place rather at many places. *
• Application, Screening and Approval procedures are quick when compare to the usual practice outside DSEZ.
* Decree on Special Economic Zone and Specific Economic Zone in the Lao PDR, Issue No. 443/PM, dated on 26/10/2010.
** Concession Agreement on the Development of Dongphosy Specific Economic Zone between Vientiane Capital and Universal Pacific Limited
Universal Pacific Limited Lao | Copyright 2016 | Powered by Gold Media | All rights reserved. | A Partnership with the Government of Lao PDR